Our content is reader supported, which means when you buy from links you click on, we may earn a commission.
Kajabi Review Snapshot
Kajabi is the #2 best online course platform used by the course creators interviewed on coursemethod.com. A total of 22.5% of users in our dataset use Kajabi to run their online course business.
Kajabi Likes & Dislikes:
Here’s a list of what the Kajabi users in our dataset ‘like’ and ‘dislike’ most about this platform:
|36.7% like that it’s an all-in-one solution
|14.3% want a better community feature
|24.5% love how simple Kajabi is to use
|14.3% want improvements to the course features
|16.3% value the customer support
|8.2% say it’s too expensive
|10.2% love the user interface
|8.2% wish the affiliate system was better
|4.1% like that it saves them time
|8.2% with the email marketing tool was better
|4.1% would like a better shopping cart
|4.1% wish for easier integrations
Kajabi Quick Stats:
- Price Range: $149 to $399/month
- Most Popular Plan: Growth Plan at $199/month
- Free Trial: Get a 14-day free trial (credit card required)
What is Kajabi?
Kajabi is an all-in-one marketing platform that allows you to not only create and sell online courses, but also build websites, create landing pages, create and run marketing campaigns and so much more. If you choose Kajabi as your platform, you will not need any other online tool, which is why its amassed so many loyal customers.
Kajabi comes with a highly customizable email marketing feature that can help you market your online courses successfully. You can access several email templates to build an extremely responsive email marketing campaign. Kajabi also allows you to tag your subscribers, create emailing lists, customize the messages and benefit from several other features.
Who is Kajabi Best For?
Kajabi is ideal for entrepreneurs, business coaches, authors, and solopreneurs who want to turn their knowledge into a business. This platform offers everything you need to launch and grow your business online, including templates, custom branding, email marketing, course creation, and more. Kajabi gives you everything you need to launch and grow your business quickly and easily.
How Much Tech Knowledge is Required?
Kajabi lets you create a website in minutes, and it’s easy to use, even if you’re not a tech expert. You don’t need any technical knowledge to be up and running with Kajabi.
The onboarding process will help walk you through everything you need to do to get set up. In addition, there’s chat support and a detailed knowledge base if you should need it.
Who’s Using Kajabi?
Dr. Jamie Wilkey uses Kajabi to run her training program geared to helping pharmacists transition into consulting. At the time of the interview, she had earned over $230,000 in less than a year.
Another Kajabi user we’ve interviewed is Abbey Ashley. She built a 7-figure training company helping people become virtual assistants.
Here’s what Abbey had to say about Kajabi, “We are LOVING Kajabi! It is incredibly user-friendly for both us and our students.”
How We Compiled the Ratings for this Kajabi Review
The best online course platform rankings on coursemethod.com come from real statistics compiled from interviews with successful course creators. We combed through over 200 interviews to determine the course platform rankings as well as the ‘likes’ and ‘dislikes’ for each. This Kajabi review focuses on this platform specifically.
I’ve run an online course business in the test prep industry since 2001. I used Kajabi to offer an SEO course back in 2007 and have a lot of experience with this platform as well as the eLearning industry.
9-Point Kajabi Review Breakdown
- User Experience
- Course Builder
- Site Builder
- Ease of Use
- Marketing & Sales
- Customer Support
- Security & Updates
1. Kajabi User Interface
Kajabi users in our dataset choose Kajabi as one of the top online course platforms for a couple of main reasons.
One is the user interface. It’s so easy for you as the administrator to build out your training. Once done, it looks fabulous for your learners. Everything just works.
The other reason is the fact that Kajabi is an all-in-one platform. You choose a Kajabi plan and have everything you need to run your course business. Everything is pulled together for you.
User Experience Feedback Based on Real User Reviews of Kajabi
Like User Interface
10.2% of the Kajabi users in our dataset love the UI. Here’s what they say…
- “loved the UI.”
- “user-friendly interface.”
- “user experience is much easier.”
- “great user experience for the students.”
36.7% of the course creators we interviewed using Kajabi said they like that it’s an all-in-one solution. They say…
- “didn’t want to have to integrate all the little pieces of online business.”
- “everything is under one roof and so much easier.”
- “I was tired of piecing it all together.”
- “everything we were looking for in one package.”
- “ease of having everything under one roof.”
- “all-in-one tool that endless possibilities and integrations.”
- “everything I need is built-in.”
2. Kajabi Course Builder
You can upload just about any type of content you want with Kajabi, including video training, written material, presentations, infographics, etc. You can create courses, coaching, memberships, and communities or combine them all together into one amazing digital product.
Create online courses and exams using the quizzes, assessment, and survey creation tool. The tool allows you to test your students and determine how effective your classes have been and how well your students performed.
The course builder allows you to offer modules or sections and then lessons within. Each lesson can be any type of media you’d like including videos, text, quizzes, or more. It’s fast and easy to upload your course content and start offering your training.
Course Builder Feedback Based on User Reviews of Kajabi
14.3% of the Kajabi users in our database wished the community was better. Here are a few comments:
- “run a community kind of like Facebook where people can post videos and messages and respond to each other.”
- “a more robust community feature.”
- “build and manage our own communities inside of the program.”
- “comments on modules that you could then create group conversations around.”
Better Course Features
14.3% of users in our data set wished for improvements to the course features. These included:
- “gamifying the course.”
- “limit the number of times someone could take a quiz after a module in one of our courses.”
- “flexible in the design and logistics of rolling out the course.”
- “simple new lesson notification.”
- “chapter timestamps (like YouTube has) that I could add in the description of each lesson.”
- “one more level of categories to keep things more organized.”
3. Kajabi Site Builder
Kajabi offers a simplified website creation platform that allows you to build your website from scratch or customize one of the several available templates. You can be ready to go with just a few clicks.
Create attractive landing pages to attract the maximum number of leads and maximize conversions.
Site Builder Feedback Based on Kajabi User Reviews
Better Sales Pages
8.2% of the Kajabi users we interviewed wish for better sales pages. Here’s what they said:
- “sales pages could be designed a bit more.”
- “sales pages were more customizable.”
- “built-in sales funnel strategy.”
- “not a huge fan of the sales pages.”
4.1% of the Kajabi users in our data set would like better SEO options. They said:
- “SEO is lacking.”
- “websites rank poorly on mobile.”
4. Kajabi Ease of Use
The platform is extremely easy to use, and you don’t even need to know coding to make a stellar website. Most everything is drag and drop or point and click. It’s simple and designed to be very intuitive.
Ease of Use Feedback Based on Kajabi User Reviews
Like Ease of Use
24.5% of Kajabi users in our dataset said it’s easy to use. Here are a few quotes …
- “quite simple to use.”
- “manage by myself.”
- “don’t have to mess about with integrations.”
- “easy for me to figure out.”
- “extremely easy to use in my opinion.”
- “user-friendly for both us and our students.”
Like Time Saving
4.1% of the Kajabi users in our study like how Kajabi saves them time. Here’s what they say …
- “saves us a lot of time.”
- “saves time and stress.”
5. Kajabi Marketing & Sales
Access a built-in email marketing automation tool where you can create personalized email marketing campaigns for your clients. You can even automate the whole process to ensure you don’t have to manually send out emails and responses.
Kajabi offers marketing funnels built right into their platform. These are ready-made and allow you to pick a template and then customize it perfectly for your market. You’ll have access to a wide range of templates for websites, funnels, marketing campaigns, online courses, and so much more.
You won’t have to switch between your online course platform and your email marketing solution to ensure you are doing all that you can to market your online courses successfully.
Furthermore, you can automate all your online marketing campaigns to save time and increase operational efficiency. You can even set triggers and personalize the campaign launch times to ensure the subscribers get the right notification at the right time.
Set up your payment integration with a few easy steps with the payment providers you choose. You never pay transaction fees to Kajabi, making it ideal for sellers who are just starting out.
Build an attractive membership site where your customers can choose to opt for a recurring payment plan, so they don’t have to pay for the courses manually. You can also choose a one-time payment plan if that makes more sense for your business model.
Marketing Feedback Based on Kajabi User Reviews
Better Affiliate Program
8.2% of the users in our research study wish Kajabi had a better affiliate program. Here are a few quotes:
- “wish their affiliate system were a little more like Thrivecart, which is more of a dedicated system for that purpose.”
- “swipe copies and images directly available in the affiliate login area for each affiliate campaign.”
- “automated affiliate payouts.”
Better Email Marketing
8.2% of Kajabi users in our data set wish Kajabi had a better email marketing tool. Here are a few of their quotes:
- “email system is frustrating.”
- “better audience segmentation.”
- “no way to organize tags and automations.”
Better Shopping Cart
4.1% of users in our research study wish Kajabi had better shopping cart capabilities. See what a couple of users said:
- “click to purchase integration with Stripe.”
- “checkout that allowed me to upsell with another product.”
6. Kajabi Integrations
The nice thing with Kajabi is you don’t need any integrations. It’s an all-in-one platform that has all the marketing, eCommerce, course creation, and email marketing built-in within it. But if you want to integrate your Kajabi platform with other software, you can. For instance, you can integrate it with Shopify. That way your buyers can put multiple courses or products into a cart at one time.
You will likely want to integrate your account with Google Analytics, add on the Facebook tracking pixel, and maybe even Google Tag Manager which you can do as well.
There are several email marketing solutions you can integrate Kajabi with if you would like to use a tool other than their built-in solution and these all work well also.
Integrations Feedback Based on Kajabi User Reviews
4.1% of Kajabi users from our study wish the integrations worked better. Here are a couple of user comments:
- “integrations easier.”
- “tighter integrations with CRM systems or a basic kanban / CRM system.”
7. Kajabi Customer Support
As a content creator, you will also greatly appreciate the 24/7 customer support and the plethora of resources that will help you learn about Kajabi and how to use it to your advantage.
Customer Support Feedback Based on Kajabi User Reviews
Like Customer Support
16.3% of users in our study mentioned how wonderful Kajabi’s customer support is. They say …
- “support is second to none.”
- “amazing customer support.”
- “customer support is amazing.”
- “best customer service.”
8. Kajabi Security & Updates
All Kajabi plans include secure storage and SSL encryption. Kajabi will also help you comply with privacy regulations by allowing you to create a custom field for your opt-in form letting the submitter know exactly what they’re signing up for. It’s also easy to create a consent checkbox along with double opt-in.
Like with all cloud plans, the platform will push out updates when they have any. This includes new feature updates. Kajabi has several each year along with new templates. All these new features and templates will be available to you automatically when they are ready to go.
9. Kajabi Prices
There are 3 different Kajabi pricing plans ranging from $149/month up to $399/month. You can save 20% with annual billing. Let’s go through the plans briefly in this Kajabi review …
The Basic Plan allows you to create 3 digital products and 3 pipelines to help automate your sales processes. You can create unlimited langing pages and may send unlimited emails to up to 10,000 contacts.
With the Basic Plan, you can have up to 1,000 active members. Active members are people who have logged into your courses at least one time during the month.
The Basic Plan also gives you access to assessments, automations, and live chat support.
With Kajabi’s Growth Plan, you can create up to 15 products and have up to 15 pipelines. You’re limited to 25,000 contacts, can have up to 10,000 active members, and you may have 10 admin users.
The Growth Plan allows you to remove the Kajabi branding from your site. You gain the affiliate marketing module, advanced automations, and 24/7 chat support along with a Customer Success call.
Kajabi’s Pro plan allows you to create up to 100 products with 100 pipelines. You can send up to 2 million marketing emails per month. You’ll have a limit of 100,000 contacts and can have up to 20,000 active members.
With the Pro plan, you can run the platform on 3 different websites and have 25 admin users. Another benefit of the Pro plan is that you’ll have access to the code editor where you can change the templates for more customization.
Pricing Feedback Based on Kajabi User Reviews
8.2% of Kajabi users in our study think Kajabi is too expensive. Here are a couple of their comments:
- “basic plan that was just the LMS with as many products as you need.”
- “it’s expensive.”
Recommendations With Kajabi
You don’t need much at all to run your business along with Kajabi. All you really need is a domain name that you can point your Kajabi site to.
Kajabi vs Competitors
Kajabi is a higher-end course platform and has worked hard to stand apart from the competition.
However, Podia also offers a built-in email marketing solution and can be compared with Kajabi even though it is much less expensive. Podia is also classified as an all-in-one solution since they include marketing, take payments, a site builder, a course builder, and more, just like Kajabi,
Another competitor that can also be compared with Kajabi is Thinkific. Thinkific doesn’t offer a built-in email marketing tool but has everything else. It’s quite a bit less expensive than Kajabi and has a slight lead over it according to our user data. In fact, Thinkific comes in at the #1 spot and Kajabi #2.
Kajabi Review: Pros and Cons
Here are the main pros and cons we found by sifting through the Kajabi user data:
- Kajabi does not offer a free plan or trial version for its customers. If you want to try the platform, you will have to pay to get access to the basic plan.
- The basic plan does not offer the complete set of features that Kajabi has to offer. If you choose the basic plan, you will not be able to sell through affiliate marketers, which can be a bummer for many online course creators.
- 14.3% want a better community feature.
- 14.3% want improvements to the course features.
- 8.2% say it’s too expensive.
- 8.2% wish the affiliate system was better.
- 36.7% like that it’s an all-in-one solution. All in all, Kajabi is an incredibly functional tool for all online course creators. If you do not want to run back and forth between multiple tools and platforms, Kajabi is the one for you. It allows you to create a website, create online courses, draft quizzes and assessments, set payment plans, integrate payment systems, build marketing campaigns, create funnels and landing pages, use email marketing, and automate your marketing campaigns.
- 24.5% love how simple Kajabi is to use. The platform is very easy to use, making it ideal for online course creators who are not well-versed with the coding language.
- 16.3% value the customer support.
- 10.2% love the user interface.
- 4.1% like that it saves them time.
How to Get Started with Kajabi?
Kajabi offers a 14-day free trial with a credit card. You select the plan you’re most interested in, fill out a short form, and can try everything offered within that plan for 14-days. Get started building with Kajabi today by using the button below!